Construction of the Leipalingis church, begun at the initiative of Father Antanas Kruševskis, canon of the Vilnius Cathedral chapter, was completed in 1821. In 1882, Father Jonas Kudirkevičius built the rectory, which stood until 1938. The tsarist Russian authorities having prohibited the Latin alphabet in 1864, Lithuanian-language publications were stored at, and later distributed in secret from, the rectory. Father Matas Dabrila distributed more than 5,000 prohibited books during the period 1885–1890. He also built the churchyard wall and its gate. Father (later Prelate) Juozapas Laukaitis built the Chapel of Saint Agatha of Sicily around 1911–1912.
Current prices please check with the owner of the object.